Monday, March 26, 2012

Real Life


So life got in the way of my usual Friday post last week. It is kind of comical now to look back on what exactly happened or I guess I should say what didn’t exactly happen. Both kids barely napped and I have been very tired lately as well. I was hoping that they would nap so I could nap. None of that happened. Add in a baby fussy from teething and it even gets worse.
My oldest was very sassy most of the day and we spent a lot of time discussing what having an attitude meant and how exactly a child should talk to their mother which was frankly exhausting. During her so called “nap” she got into her sister’s drawers and pulled out every blanket. She also got on a stool and moved a Lenox Winnie the Pooh honey pot and a Winnie the Pooh snow globe that were on a high dresser in her sister’s room. Neither was broken thank goodness. Then I went into the bathroom that both girls share to find a large rocking chair lying on its side. I never could get an explanation for that one that was coherent. She kept saying something about how she wanted me to rock her. Why it couldn’t have stayed in her room for me to rock her is beyond me. The highlight though was going into her room and finding multiple lipstick stains in the carpet, but no lipstick around. She is very clever that one. I think she thought if she could hide the “smoking gun” sort of speak then the charges wouldn’t stick due to lack of evidence. Diabolical.
By the time my husband came home I was ready to go to bed- forever. I was ready to call this motherhood thing quits. I was ready to surrender while admitting that I suck at this job of mine and call my old principal and see if we could work out a deal. My old life working might have been busy and crazy but it wasn’t as messy that is for sure. It didn’t eat at your self- worth every moment of everyday.
So fast forward to today. I was able to get some cleaning done first thing this morning as well as get several loads of laundry going. My oldest and I worked at getting both girls’ bedrooms picked up. I cleaned up the lipsick stains from Friday while my oldest repeatedly told me that she was sorry and she sounded sincere. Breakfast dishes were put away promptly and the kitchen cleaned. The baby took a great morning nap for over an hour which is unusual. I had some educational play time with my daughter.  She had fun finding letters that spell words in this Melissa and Doug puzzle that we have and she was doing really well with it too. After the baby got up we all went outside for some play time and a leisurely walk. Then back inside for lunch. The kids played well together in the den with this electronic phonics set while I was able to get food prepared. So no one was crying or underfoot, highly unusual these days. I was even able to read this new children’s devotional that I recently purchased and my oldest seemed receptive to the message. After lunch my sister called and we were able to catch up briefly and talk about some scrapbooking ideas which was a nice treat in the middle of the day. Afterwards, both kids went to bed for their naps at close to the same time which rarely happens in our house. All great things. Until I sit down to start this post and realize that one of my writing notebooks is upstairs. I go upstairs to my room to retrieve it and who is on their stool quietly, stealthily rummaging my jewelry box? I guess I can’t catch a break. Now what?


No comments:

Post a Comment