Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Issues


For the past two days we have had some spilling issues around here. I can’t even blame them on the girls as much as I would like for that to be the case. So I guess I should clarify and say that I have had some spilling issues. The strange thing is both instances occurred with breakfast type beverages. The first one involved orange juice splattering all over our new phone. It happens to be the one that my husband got me for my birthday just last week. I was reaching to get a plate which was stacked behind a bowl when the bowl fell and broke on the counter causing the full glass of juice, not a juice glass mind you since those just aren’t big enough for me, to fall over onto the phone. There was juice everywhere, on the counter as well as actually in the phone along with pieces of juicy pulp. It was the type of accident where someone would have been seriously yelled at except that someone happened to be me. For a moment all I could do was stand there in shock watching the orange flood flowing down the counter. I finally snapped out of it and could only think about how the phone was not going to work now and how would I explain something so stupid to the hubby. Sorry honey, I have a sick game that I play with myself and the dishes called “Will it fall this time?” only this time it really did and now the brand new phone doesn’t work and I know that it won’t be covered in the warranty. And then somehow I heard Ricky Ricardo yelling at Lucy telling her that she had some “splainin” to do. After those thoughts quickly left I began mopping up the juice and repeating the simple prayer, “Jesus have mercy” over and over again. I truly thought the phone would begin smoking any moment and it would be rendered useless forevermore. Fortunately, miraculously, that did not happen and it actually worked right away. One disaster averted.

The second one happened the very next day oddly enough. I had gone to the grocery store and was putting up groceries quickly trying to get lunch prepared for my three year old who was underfoot and cranky. I was initially very impressed with my ability to buzz around and get lunch prepared for not only her but also the baby and myself as well when I reached into the refrigerator and noticed a milk waterfall. I immediately squealed (way to go mom and keep the kids calm). Somehow, and I still don’t understand how this happened, the handle of the milk  jug split causing all the milk to gush from the gallon jug and down the front of the refrigerator. After hearing my reaction, my oldest immediately asked, “What’s going on Mom?” in her high little voice. I think I yelled something about having a milk catastrophe. She simply said in a soothing tone, “Mom, it's going to be okay. I’ll pray.”  Thanks baby. I apparently really need it lately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment