Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My New Helper

These days I have a new helper in the kitchen. This helper is very small but really gets the job done well. I no longer have to live with cracker crumbs under and around my table until the next cleaning day arrives. Which to be honest these days is a guessing game even though I have read plenty of homemaking books telling me how to organize my schedule. So far the wonderful suggestions and ideas just aren’t manifesting themselves into my daily life- yet. I’ll try to remain positive. Despite my shortcomings though, my helper is always waiting. These days when I pull my little aqua helper out, the color of happy I might add, my oldest begins to clap. The helper has an audience as I tell the girls to gather around to witness the miracle. I have made a celebration of sorts out of its appearance. There is cheering and clapping. I’ll admit the person cheering the loudest is me.  
I suppose that if the old saying, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy” is true, then the opposite must true as well.  Well, this Mama is happy so everyone else better be too. My helper makes me smile and was worth every bit the $25 I so willingly laid down for it. I even did research on this little helper prior to bringing it home to live with us in the pantry in the kitchen. Yes, it is that small which makes me love it even more! It got glowing reviews. It is very popular and beloved by many besides me. I no longer dread the mess of meals. The crumbs are no longer starring at me for days on end as a reminder of my failures.
And I have to say thank you to the company that made my little helper, for understanding the dilemma of a homemaker. Thank you for putting the joy back into mealtimes. Most of all I thank you that I no longer have to walk on crumbs. I no longer have to fight with my big vacuum around tight corners and move chairs around. My back thanks you as well for a weight of only four pounds. You have put the fun back into cleaning as it feels like a toy, but actually works! I love you my eureka! Quick Up 2 in 1. My day just got easier because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment