Saturday, March 23, 2013

Resurrection Eggs

 
 
We have been loving this as a daily reminder about the true meaning of Easter. I know that there are ways you can make these filled eggs yourself, but I went ahead and bought a set online from a Christian bookstore. I wanted the set to be sturdy and last for a while and I was concerned that if I made my own, it would end up falling apart at some point. It saved me time too! Each day we read a scripture that relates to the Easter story and then open up an egg to see what the symbol is for the day that goes with the scripture. My preschooler is the perfect age for this activity as she is excited every morning to open up an egg and read the scripture. I would encourage those with small children to try this family activity. I love having a spiritual focus with my girls first thing in the morning and they are such little sponges. My feeling is that the more scripture I can fill their hearts and minds with the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment