Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Craft






I am planning my daughter's Easter party for her preschool and ran across this simple and cute craft that I plan to do with her class. It uses a coffee filter, markers, or my favorite- the Do-A-Dot Art Sponge Tip Applicators ( they make dots!), and a pipe cleaner. My daughter colored this butterfly herself using the Do-A-Dots on the coffee filter. I then gathered up the filter together in the middle and secured it with the pipe cleaner. I made the pipe cleaner curly by wrapping it around a pencil.  It turned out super cute, but what I love the most is the significance of the butterfly. The butterly is a symbol of the new life we have in Jesus because He died on the cross for our sins and rose again. I enjoyed having this discussion with my daughter while she made the butterfly. The butterfly serves as a reminder that if we put our faith in Him we will have new life not only on this earth but in heaven when we live with Him for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment