Friday, June 8, 2012

I love Elmo



I was in the shower savoring some early morning peace and quiet before the chaos of the day began when Riley came storming into the bathroom with a confused look on her face. Her arms were shoved above her head in an odd manner and it was then that I realized that my almost four year old was struggling to get into one of the baby’s t-shirts which happened to be of Elmo. “Mom!” she exclaimed frustrated. “Look at this!” She then proceeded to make growling noises which I have to sheepishly admit she learned from me as I tend to do the same thing when I get frustrated.

I couldn’t help but laugh. I guess I had accidentally put it in her drawer when I was putting clothes away.  Just last week I had found some jean shorts for the baby in Riley’s drawer that  had been missing for weeks.  It was a good thing that she had not tried to squeeze herself into those. I made a mental note to begin working on having her put her own clothes away, but for now it sure was a humorous way to start our busy day. Once again, Elmo was good for a laugh. I love Elmo. I loved him when I was little and I love him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment