Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Baking With Kids Part 2





Rolo Pretzel Cookies are another easy item to make with the kids. I use the term cookie loosely as it is more like a candy, but it is called a cookie nevertheless. My four year old Riley and I had a fun time making these together. So easy and everyone loves them! I found this recipe online so long ago that I don't know where it came from, but here it is for you to enjoy!


Rolo Pretzel Cookies
15 oz. bag of waffle pretzels
two bags of the mini Rolo candies
one bag of mini holiday M&M's (or you can use the full-sized ones as well)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out rows of waffle pretzels on a cookie sheet. Use one pretzel per Rolo you have on hand. Unwrap the Rolo candies and center one on each pretzel. Bake for about three minutes until the chocolate softens. It looks like it is glistening. Working quickly before the chocolate cools, press several holiday M&M's on each Rolo and squish it down. You might not want little hands doing this part as the chocolate can be too hot for them!  Let cookies cool. You can also set the cookies in the frig. I made one cookie sheet and it was plenty for the cookie exchange I was going to and I also had some left for a Christmas gift for our neighbor! They keep well too, so you could make them ahead of time for gifts or a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment