Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dreams

Okay so today was a big day in the life of a childhood dream of mine. If you had asked me what I wanted to do when I was a kid I would have answered you with "writer". Ever since I was in the fourth grade it has been a dream of mine to get published. That dream actually came true several years ago when I was published in a magazine called Seeing the Everyday. I wrote a piece about the women in my family showing their love by making biscuits called "Biscuits and Gravy". It is actually included on this blog if you want to check it out. Since then I have wanted to continue my writing journey, but other than writing tons in notebooks and starting this blog I haven't really been sure what else I could do that would be manageable for me.

That changed when I started writing devotions for my Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group this past September. MOPS has a quarterly magazine as well and the thought occured to me that I should submit my writing to them. So today I did just that. I sent off a piece for consideration in their May/June/July issue. It felt good to actively pursue my dream regardless of what will happen. Our MOPS theme this year is Plunge and that is exactly what I am doing- taking a plunge and putting my writing out there.

So today I encourage you to take your own plunge. What have you been too scared to do? What have you been putting off doing? Go for it today! I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment