Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Favorite Things- My Front Door


I have always loved my front door. It is one of my favorite things about this house. I love the bright white molding and the deeply contrasting pop of red. It makes a statement and I am pleased that I took the chance with it when it would have been easier to play it safe. The rabbit by the door is a tribute to my mom who always loved garden rabbits and we always had tons of them around. I think she would have liked this one. I have had this one for a long time.




I love having a fern by the front door. Ever since we moved I  have to get one each spring. When we lived in Florida I could never do this. Most every plant I put by the front door would die from the intense heat and sun. I used to look in Southern Living Magazine and my eye would always go to those pictures of beautiful southern homes adorned by ferns. Mine is doing especially well this year. We have had more rain this summer which has probably helped even though I water it regularly and it doesn't soley depend on the rain to survive. Just feeling thankful for a beautiful home in which to live and raise my girls! It was always my dream when we first got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment