Friday, April 27, 2012

Showing Up

This week it has been hard to just show up and write. I have been told that just showing up is one of the most important things you can do to lead a creative life.  It’s not that I have been avoiding it really. It has just been an extremely full week and I have found it hard to just drop everything and write. I pretty much had to force myself to leave all the things undone that are calling out for my attention right now like laundry needing folding, Vacation Bible School work needing to be done, thank you notes that need to be written, emails that need to be answered, and the straightening up that can always be done. But as they say, life is art and the act of art is exploration. So we shall see what happens by showing up today and I'm excited by the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment